Director of Client Services/Aftercare Description
Location: Richmond, VA
Degree Preferred: MSW, LCSW, or LPC(Candidates w/relevant experience and/or
degrees are encouraged to apply)
Language(s) Required: English (required),
Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Start Date: March 2015
The Gray Haven is a recognized statewide organization working to combat human trafficking and modern-day slavery since 2010. The Gray Haven seeks a Director of Aftercare to oversee its current services and to direct the future growth of outreach and services for victims and survivors of human trafficking. The position will be based out of Richmond, Virginia with some travel to throughout the state. Occasionally, there will be travel out of state. Under the supervision of the CEO and VP of Programs, the Director of Client Services will:
Oversee the infrastructure and operations of The Gray Haven’s direct services program, including case management, crisis response and transitional housing in Richmond, VA.
Provide supervision to case managers and other programmatic staff
Conduct and supervise mental health and substance abuse screenings
Conducts clinical supervision for full time and fee-for-service therapists, carry small clinical caseload and provides direct clinical services
Establish metrics to ensure consistency of services with partnering organizations
• Be on call for emergency response supervision on a rotating basis
• Oversee the maintenance of all relevant files and records regarding outreach and
• Coordinate a smooth service flow from victim identification efforts to service delivery.
• Maintain internal protocols and procedures relevant to The Gray Haven’s programs and assist with the on-going development of protocols and procedures.
• Conduct professional trainings on human trafficking within The Gray Haven and to external community partners, and assist in creating opportunities for professional development for outreach and services staff.
• Assist the CEO and development staff with grant-writing and grant-reporting for direct service programs
• Understand and monitor grants and contract requirements and ensure relevant information is communicated to staff
• Assist with measuring success and strategic planning for The Gray Haven’s services programs.
• Maintain positive working relationships with government and non-government partner agencies.
• 3 or more years experience in providing direct social services to clients who are victims of violence and/or trauma, preferably to survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or torture
• Demonstrated competence in case management service program infrastructure,
operations, and programs.
• Experience with direct outreach to survivors of traumatic crimes
• Experience, competence, and confidence in supervising and managing staff and volunteers
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in multicultural environments
• Ability to set and balance multiple priorities and handle multiple interruptions
• Ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs and problems
• Ability to follow directions, work well under pressure, and maintain composure during stressful situations
• Solutions-oriented, collaborative, self-directed, self-disciplined
• Comfort and sensitivity when working with survivors of commercial sexual exploitation
• Resiliently positive and energetic attitude
• Spanish language proficiency (Strongly preferred)
Most clients will be survivors of sex trafficking or labor trafficking and related exploitation. Clients will include foreign national survivors, primarily from Latin American and Asian countries, and U.S. national survivors of sex trafficking and labor trafficking situations.
Client Service Philosophy:
The Gray Haven’s client services program provides a safe environment for trafficking victims and coordination of comprehensive care that is sensitive to their unique needs. The philosophy guiding The Gray Haven’s direct service provision is strengths-based, client-centered, and culturally and linguistically-sensitive throughout the phases of assessment and care. The Gray Haven uses the empowerment model of service delivery, encouraging the client actively to make choices about the development and implementation of her treatment and to leverage her strengths while developing a positive sense of self. The empowerment model profoundly changes the expectation of the client and her role from passive participant to manager of her own life and collaborator within her social support network.
How to Apply:
All application materials should be sent electronically as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Applicant for Director of Client Services’. Materials should include a custom cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of recommendation, plus any additional personal statements you may wish to include. The deadline for application is rolling, until a candidate is chosen, so early application is encouraged.