Current Job Opportunities
Volunteer Behavioral Health Clinician
Survivor Care Specialist
SURVIVOR CARE SPECIALIST (Adult MH/SU Case Management)
Gray Haven is seeking a Survivor Care Specialist (Case Manager) to perform intermediate professional work assessing client needs, developing, implementing and monitoring service delivery and assistance plans, coordinating and monitoring services with other agencies, counseling and assisting clients, maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned.
- Assesses client service needs, capabilities and appropriateness for services; presents options and services based upon a needs assessment.
- Develops an individual service plan of care and services appropriate to the evaluation with the client consensus; reviews and updates service plans.
- Makes referrals and linkages to appropriate agencies for services; coordinates client services and treatment with multiple service providers and agencies.
- Evaluates the quality of services provided and changes in client’s condition and counsels clients as necessary; evaluates client’s environment for safety, security, negative factors and productivity; compiles and analyzes data relating to complaints; identifies and works to resolve problems.
- Plans and facilitates group sessions with clients participating in community activities and/or to promote recovery and educate clients.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living including financial planning, medication management, and hygiene/bathing.
- Serves as liaison to public agencies and provides information regarding Gray Haven programs and services.
- Attends inter-disciplinary team meetings to discuss decisions for client plan of care; provides or arranges transportation; assists with discharge planning.
- Provides crisis intervention and prevention services.
- Prepares a variety of reports; prepares and maintains client charts and other records.
- Attends meetings, staffings and conferences as they relate to client, staff and program needs.
- Attends court hearings; testifies in court.
- Assists in curriculum development and resource tools.
- General knowledge of human trafficking, Substance Use Disorders and co-occurring mental health diagnoses, community resources, and programs of regional and state sources for the community service population; general knowledge of interviewing and supportive counseling techniques; general knowledge of social casework techniques; general knowledge of human development and behavior; general knowledge of the theories, principles and techniques of individual, family and group therapy; ability to solve problems within scope of responsibility; ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions; ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, orally and in writing; ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, medical professionals community partners, agencies, associates and the general public. A minimum year of experience working with individuals with MH/SU diagnoses and intellectual disabilities in a behavioral health setting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, health services or related field
- Masters degree preferred
- Applicant must have valid Virginia driver’s license.
Full Time/Part Time:
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Sun Support is working with Gray Haven to staff this position. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
VOLUNTEER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
The Behavioral Health Clinician (volunteer) provides intensive clinical therapeutic services to adolescents and adults with identified mental health and/or single/poly Substance Use Disorders. This service is designed to provide psychological evaluations, to identify and clarify mental health diagnoses, and provide treatment recommendations. The Behavioral Health Clinician (Volunteer) also provides individual, group, couple, and family counseling. He or she participates as a clinical staff team member/facilitator as well as leads/shares in staffing and case conferences, performs necessary administrative tasks, and participates in Gray Haven community relations.
- To deliver in-office services to clients as requested by the Survivor Care Specialist or the Director of Treatment Services.
- To provide therapeutic interventions to the identified client in order to enhance and foster the client’s optimal functioning and interactions in the home and community.
- To continually assess client needs, service availability and appropriateness.
- To work cooperatively with treatment team members in the provision of services to meet the goals developed in the Person Centered Plan.
- To provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes and billing and submit said documentation as specified by the Virginia Board of Counseling.
- Providing the number of agreed upon clinical hours
- Maintaining clinical records in keeping with Agency policies and procedures
- Representing the standards and practices of their primary professional fields
Clinical Staff Participation:
- Actively participating in clinical staffing, and case consultations
- Attending administrative staff meetings, staff retreats, designated agency committee meetings and other team building activities
Agency Administration and Development:
- Participating in the development of the Agency 's referral network
- Participating in the Agency 's programs of education, consultation, and community relations
- Be available for approximately 2 hours per week per client for service delivery.
- Document direct service delivery and submit said documentation according to the Agency’s standards.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology or Counseling
- Licensure/Certification or Provisional Licensure/Certification Eligible
Sun Support is working with Gray Haven to staff this position. To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org